7. oktober 2012

My new hallway

Things are finally coming together and even if there are still a few finishing touches left I thought I would show you my new hallway.
It had yellow walls that I tried to hide behind colorful storage and lots of pictures. The storage has been replaced by these crochet hanging baskets. I found the pattern for these the same place as the plastic bag dispenser.


Under you see a before picture of my hallway, and even if i did do some reorganizing after this picture was taken it still looked horrible.


To most of my friends surprise i decided to go all white with this makeover. The reason is because there are very little natural light coming inn so I had to do everything I could to compensate for that.


To get the shoes away from the floor I got some cheep shoe boxes from IKEA and the coats are hanging from a curtain rile from the same place. I put black vinyl on the floor to ad some contrast and changed the fabric on my stool to make it fit into my new scheme.



On the other side of the room I have even more shoe storage (you would think that was enough but I still had to donate two bags full to my local charity shop. :) The mirror used to be silver so I gave it a little facelift with shiny black spray paint.   



The wall up the stairs is still a work in progress. Its going to be a display wall where I put everything that can be put on a wall. There will be a mismatch of both colors and shapes that will cover the wall completely. 


The one element that has been left untouched is my hama/perler image. It took me ages gluing in one bead at the time so I decided to use it as my color inspiration. So far I have only added the purple elemenst but I will try do find somewhere to add a little yellow and red as well.


http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com
http://www.myrepurposedlife.net
  


6 kommentarer:

Feral Turtle sa...

Looks amazing! Good job!!

Highland Monkey's sa...

Those hanging crochet baskets are a good idea. I love your hallway with all those pictures. Looking good.

Unknown sa...

Looks awesome! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the crochet baskets!

Found you via the Delightfully Inspiring link party on Delightful Order!

Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations
http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

Roeshel sa...

So many cute ideas for staying organized! White is perfect for adding all that fun pop of color and eclectic goodness! Love it!

Mariel sa...

Looks great! I would love to have you stop by ‘Or so she says…’ today and share some of your great ideas with my readers! The ‘Your Great Idea’ link party runs every Sat through Tuesday. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

Michelle Day sa...

Looks great! I love the crocheted hanging bags. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...