15. januar 2012

Wine crate shelves


Just before Christmas I got my hands on some wooden wine crates. They are brand new so the wood doesn’t have a nice aged patina, but I knew right away that I could turn them into a storage unit.  

I have an empty space (God forbid... right... :) in a corner behind the door that I have wanted to make into something useful for a long time and these crates were perfect. 


I played around a little before settling with the layout you see in the pictures.I didn’t want to paint the crates because I have a feeling that this corner won’t be their final resting place.



But because the wood was so new it needed“something” so I cut some scrapping paper to size and covered the back with that.


I didn’t have to buy anything to complete this project so I’m very happy to have new display shelves for free J

6 kommentarer:

FeltByRae sa...

Oh I love your shelves - such a great upcycle

Karla Do More sa...

That's so cute. I love them. The background paper really makes them pop. :) Visiting from DIY Showoff link party :)

Anonym sa...

Very cute! I LOVE the paper you chose for the backing, nice touch!

Leanne @ Because (I think) I Can

Sass - aka - Kathy sa...

LOVE it - especially for the price! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-7.html

Unknown sa...

Love it when it's FREE! Clever use of the crates and a great use for the space you had! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten sa...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm enjoying yours! The birdfeeders you made look like so much fun! My little boy is 3 and would love to make these so we definitely will try them! I LOVE your wine crate shelves and I cannot believe you did this for free!!
Love it!
Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...