23. oktober 2011

Lampeshade makeover

Beads, I have tons of beads and I don’t know why. Threading them has never been my thing, and if I need a necklace I’m more than happy to pay for one already made. But despite of this I have masses of beads in every color and shape available.

So, inspired by my resent wish to get rid of most of my fabric leftover pile, I decided that it would be a good thing to get these pearls out into the light (literarily)
A few years ago I covered a lampshade in old doilies. It’s been hanging in my living room since, but it never grew on me. So now it was time take it apart and start over.  

(For some reason it looks a lot better in this picture than it did when I sat on my sofa looking at it...)


What I did with the doilies you’ll see en my next post, but the lampshade was decorated with fabric scraps, beads, paper doves and other stuff I had laying around.




The idea for the project was found here

  Thirty Hand Made Days 
Photobucket


Jeg har forresten presentert bloggen min på Bloggurat.

 

2 kommentarer:

Artbyasm sa...

That is a very cool idea!!!! Thanks for sharing! I just joined your blog! Feel free to come and check out mine when you get a chance.

Annamaria

Artsy VaVa sa...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...